1. Reduce excess baggage. Every pound counts.
2. Combine trips to save money and time.
3. Fly direct. Multi-leg trips pollute more.
4. Vacation near your home.
5. Stay at a hotel near the airport.
6. Take a shuttle, bus, or train to the airport.
7. Fly coach. You’ll save and it’s more efficient.
8. Rent a small or hybrid vehicle.
9. Stay at a centrally-located hotel.
10. Use public transportation—not taxis.
11. Rent a bike to sightsee.
For more ways to go green, visit Expedia's Travel Guide to Going Green!